BioProtect LTD (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice (“Notice” or “Privacy Notice”) is designed to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (www.bioprotect.com) (“Website”) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects such rights. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, BioProtect is considered a controller of personal data that it collects in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
We take your privacy very seriously and therefore we will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and will process your data only as specified in this notice. We will not share or disclose any of your personal data without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice and were required to do so by law. We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice, and thereafter we will ensure its complete erasure or destruction.
We work hard to protect you and your personal data from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction.
What is Personal Data?
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect personal data from you in the following ways:
- You may complete the ‘contact us’ form on our website or landing pages, requesting us to contact you. This form requires that you provide us with your name and email address, and a message. Depending on the nature of your message, it might also include personal data about yourself or about somebody else. Please do not include in your message any personal data of any kind about any other person unless you have their express and fully informed written permission to do so. Please note that if we receive from you any personal data relating to somebody else, then we may inform that person that we have received their personal data, specifying the type of personal data and the fact that we received that personal data from you.
- You may provide us with personal data in your interactions with us through our social media platforms.
- We may have exchanged personal data from you at a trade show, meeting or similar types of events.
- We obtain certain information when your web browser accesses our website including your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile network data, pages viewed and access times.
- You may have approached us directly by email or otherwise in connection with interest in our products or for business purposes and in the course of the communications provided us with personal data.
We also collect statistical information regarding use of our website. This includes information about your browsing actions and patterns on the website, which we may use in order to provide you with a more personal experience. We also aggregate all statistical information regarding the browsing actions and patterns of all visitors to our website and this aggregated statistical information does not identify you.
How We Process Your Personal Data
“Processing” personal data means performing any operation or set of operations on personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of the personal data. The personal data that you provide to us or that we receive from other sources will be kept confidential. We will only hold, use and disclose your personal data in a manner that is fully compliant with applicable law, including the laws of Israel and the GDPR and in accordance with our legitimate business purposes, as follows:
- If you conduct or may conduct business with BioProtect then we will only use your personal data as is specifically required to communicate with you in connection with the relevant business. This can include:
- promoting new products and services to you
- responding to inquiries
- providing offers
- advise you of events and promotions
- Other relevant business correspondence
- We may also use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as developing new products, enhancing the website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, determining the effectiveness of our promotions, evaluating third party performance and meeting contractual obligations, and administrative purposes, such as sending you important information regarding our website, changes to our terms of business or policies, or other administrative information.
- If required by law or court or agency order, we may release personal data to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we are required to do so.
We will not process your personal data for any other reason than those stated above, unless we first receive your express prior written consent, or we are legally required to do so. If we process your personal data for a reason other than those stated above, pursuant to law, regulation or other legal process, then we will notify you of this in writing if we are permitted to do so.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Personal data that we collect is stored on third party servers, where those third parties have been selected based on, among other reasons, their commitments to hold and protect the personal data from unauthorized access or transfer consistent with applicable data privacy laws, including the GDPR.
Members of BioProtect personnel have differing access rights to the personal data stored with the third-party servers and have different permissions for what they may and may not do with the personal data, including with whom they may share personal data. Access and permission for each employee is set according to their responsibilities.
For How Long Will We Hold Your Information?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal data for a period as is necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal data was provided;
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping;
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings;
- our compliance obligations with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including, without limitation, court orders and/or compulsory disclosures required by governmental authorities; and
- the fulfillment of our legitimate interests that are not outweighed by your right to privacy.
Cookies and tracking
We have put in place reasonable administrative, organizational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures and update them when we deem it to be required. However, no measures can provide an absolute guarantee against unauthorized access.
You should understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our website or sent to us by email via third party networks. Once we have received your information, we will use the procedures and security features described above to reduce the possibility of unauthorized access.
Your Rights in Connection with Your Personal Data Held by Us
Depending on your jurisdiction, data privacy laws may provide you with the ability to exercise certain rights regarding your personal data that we process such as:
- The right to access and be informed about how your personal data is being used;
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- The right to request that we delete your personal data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances;
- The right to request that we transfer or report elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
Further Information on Data Protection and Personal Privacy
By email: Info@bioprotect.com
By Tel: +972-9-7731929
Address: 8 Tsor St., Tzur Yigal, Israel, 4486200
This version was last updated on September 2023